I’ve been using Benefit’s new skincare line “b.right” for about 2 weeks now, and I think it’s time I have a little review ready for you.
As I mentioned before, I was initially interested in sampling this line because a) I was desperately out of moisturizer, b) I’ve had great times with other Benefit products in the past, and c) the packaging is lovely, like anything else from Benefit.
The set comes with 6 pieces broken up into 3 categories of care:
- Foamingly Clean Facial Wash: I loved the smell of this cleanser. It’s got a faint scent that smells just like Ralph by Ralph Lauren. It smells like a cool spring morning (picture that?!) My face felt squeaky clean after cleansing, and every morning and night I’d be like “F*ck Yes!!! I have the most amazing face in the UNIVERSSSSSSSSSSE…” Followed by a meltdown over having to brush my teeth.
Sample size: 0.3 oz; Full size: 4.5 oz, $21. My verdict: Splurge on full-size.
- Refined Finish Facial Polish: This is a once a week scrub intended to exfoliate and minimize the appearance of pores. I can appreciate the exfoliation part, but at my age I’m not too worried about the size of my pores (Are they even there? Don’t know. Don’t care. Yet!) I think this product has good intentions, but I found myself being annoyed at how hard it was to get every speck of sugar/mud off my face.
Sample size: 0.3 oz; Full size: 4.5 oz, $22. My verdict: Try the sample, but use St.Ives if you don’t like it.
- Moisture Prep Toning Lotion: I must be a heathen, because when I read the instructions for this sample kit, I scoffed at the fact that I’d need a toning lotion to put on BEFORE my moisturizer. “Uh, moisturizer is the thing you use to prime your face, idiots,” I thought to myself. Oh, how wrong I was. I used the toning lotion before putting moisturizer on one side of my face, and then applied just moisturizer on the other. It actually made a HUGE difference in my skin! The toned side was much softer and I felt downright luminous.
Would I normally buy toning lotion? Eh, I don’t think so. But I’m a new fan now.
Sample size: 0.3 fl oz; Full size: 6 fl oz, $29. My verdict: At least try the sample.
- Total Moisture Facial Cream: Provides a heavy dose of hydration. And I do mean heavy. And I do mean hydration, because after slathering on a light layer, my upper lip started beading with perspiration and I needed a drink of water. It’s nice and feels like a true moisturizer, but when layered over the toning lotion, it feels SO heavy. I might have to skip this when it gets hotter here in California.
Sample size: 0.1 oz; Full size: 1.7 oz, $38. My verdict: Sample is good enough, especially since you’ll be using it so sparingly.
- Triple Performing Facial Emulsion SPF 15 PA++: Is the most intimidating product in this set for me, because I’m not exactly sure what it does. I’m going to take an educated guess and say it’s just like the other moisturizer, but with SPF, therefore it’s for daily morning use. As for the PA++? It protects the skin from sun damage with UV-A and UV-B filters. Alright, then. All I do is use this in the AM instead of the Total Moisture Facial Cream.
Sample size: 0.3 fl oz; Full size: 1.7 fl oz, $28. My verdict: Lighter than the TMFC moisturizer, so yay!
- It’s Potent! eye cream: Contains enough Chinese anti-aging remedies and fruit extracts to make a delicious, low-cal dessert. ONLY KIDDING, do not eat under any circumstances.
This product is mainly intended for restoring elasticity to tired, sagging eyes. I’m still pretty young, so I can’t say I saw any kind of result using this product. However, the sample size does last forever, so that’s great. I use barely a dab.
Sample size: 0.1 oz; Full size: 0.5 oz, $32. My verdict: Not unless you need it!
There it is in a nutshell! I’m off to buy refills for my favorite b.right products.