Now that its the new year and you’re not legally required to wear glittery/sparkly nails (at the moment), its time to take it all off. Simple. That’s it. Any questions?
Oh yes! Everyone knows that glittery polishes are a pain in the ass, so here are some tips for removing it without spending 5 minutes on each freakin’ nail.
Using mild acetone:
- Saturate a cotton ball with nail polish remover
- Place on nail, making sure you’re covering the entire nail from cuticle to tip, and gently press down
- Hold for about 30 seconds, letting the acetone soak in
- Gently slide the cotton ball from the cuticle to the tip of the nail. Most of the polish should be gone by this point, but wipe away any stragglers with the same pad
- Repeat for all nails
- Make sure to moisturize your nail beds afterwards, they’ll be a little dried out
You could also use pure acetone (which I prefer), which is much more powerful, but will dry your fingers out immensely, so be doubly sure you’re moisturizing. Here’s a fun tutorial I found that shows a creative way to get your glitter polish off. It takes a little longer than I’m used to, but more effective.